Planning a Caravan Camping in Maharashtra
Caravan Camping in Maharashtra: What You Need to Know
Caravan camping might be your perfect adventure if you’re looking for a unique way to explore Maharashtra’s scenic beauty. Caravan camping allows you to travel to different locations in the comfort of your personal living space on wheels. Maharashtra’s diverse landscapes offer plenty of opportunities for caravan camping, from the lush valleys of Lonavala to the scenic lake of Bhandardara.
In this blog, we’ll explore the top 5 campsites for caravan camping in Maharashtra and provide essential tips for planning a successful trip.
Routes for Caravan Campers
Maharashtra offers a plethora of beautiful and scenic routes for caravan campers to explore. From the stunning Western Ghats to the beautiful Konkan coastline, there are countless routes to choose from. Below are some of the frequently traveled routes for caravan campers in Maharashtra:
- Mumbai to Lonavala: This route takes you through the picturesque Sahyadri mountain range, with stunning views of the lush green valleys and waterfalls. The route is around 82 km and takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
- Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar: This route takes you through the beautiful Western Ghats, with scenic views of the valleys, hills, and dense forests. The route is around 260 km and takes approximately 5-6 hours to complete.
- Mumbai to Alibaug: This route takes you along the beautiful Konkan coast, with stunning views of the Arabian Sea. The route is around 100 km and takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete.
- Pune to Matheran: This route takes you through the picturesque Western Ghats, with stunning views of the valleys, hills, and dense forests. The route is around 120 km and takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete.
- Pune to Lavasa: This route takes you through the scenic Sahyadri mountain range, with stunning views of the lakes and waterfalls. The route is around 60 km and takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
These are just a few popular routes for caravan campers in Maharashtra. Each route offers its unique beauty, and there are plenty of other routes to explore in this beautiful state. So, grab your caravan and hit the road to explore the stunning beauty of Maharashtra.
Camping and Budget
Camping in Maharashtra can be an affordable way to explore the great outdoors and enjoy quality time with family and friends. The cost of camping can vary depending on the location and amenities offered at the campsite. However, with some planning, you can enjoy a comfortable and budget-friendly camping trip.
Rent a caravan during off-peak seasons and look for deals and discounts. Most caravan rentals include bedding, towels, and kitchen supplies, which help pack light. Cook your own meals to save on camping costs.
Choose a campsite that offers affordable rates and the amenities that you require. Longer trips may require more supplies and equipment, so plan accordingly. These tips can help you enjoy a budget-friendly camping trip in Maharashtra with comfort and adventure.
Caravans to Hire for Your Road Trip
Here are some of the most popular caravan options by Caravaanlife to ensure you a safe and comfortable journey:
Experience the ultimate luxury and comfort with The Luxury Force Traveler, a fully equipped and functional caravan for rent in Maharashtra. Whether you’re planning a family vacation, a road trip with friends, or a romantic getaway, this caravan has got you covered with its plush living features, cooking corner, amenities, and more.
The caravan comes with a fully functional bathroom, kitchen with gas, crockery, and cutlery, a 360-degree rooftop camera, sofa cum bed, AC, TV, music system, mobile charging slots, Wi-Fi, and electricity supply via an external source. The caravan has camping gear, linen, open windows, a microwave, an electric water heater, and barbeque essentials.
It also includes air conditioning, an external electricity supply, entertainment with a TV and music system, a bathroom with shower facilities, a 2-burner induction cooktop, an LPG cylinder, utensils, crockery, and cutlery. Basic Indian spices, tea, coffee, and sugar are provided, along with a fridge, microwave, and barbeque essentials.
The cost of the caravan rental with a driver is included, with prices starting at around 7,000 rupees per day. However, the user will have to pay fuel, toll, parking, interstate permits, food, and other expenses.
This luxury caravan is the perfect way to travel in style and comfort. With meticulous attention to detail, it offers an unforgettable travel experience fully customized to your needs.
This caravan has all the amenities you need for a comfortable journey, including air conditioning, fresh bedding, GPS, and ample storage. The kitchen is equipped with cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils, a refrigerator, a microwave, and induction/LPG gas. The washroom has a bath and shower and a separate tank for wash water and sewage. Enjoy on-the-go meals with the well-equipped mini kitchenette that comes with the caravan.
The cost of renting the caravan with a driver per day is included, with the user responsible for paying for fuel, tolls, parking, interstate permits, and food. The rental cost is approximately 7,000 rupees per day.
Experience the comfort of home on your next adventure with the Eicher caravan. This cozy and compact van is perfect for creating unforgettable memories as you explore Maharashtra. Wake up to breathtaking views and discover new places while enjoying the convenience of your kitchen, bathroom, and entertainment system.
The Eicher caravan sleeps up to 5 people with a convertible sofa and bunk beds. It has a basic kitchen, TV, AC, storage, washroom, charging points, icebox, camping chairs, and a moonroof. It’s pet-friendly too. The kitchen includes a single-burner stove, an 8kg LPG cylinder, utensils, and cutlery.
The Eicher caravan rental cost covers the driver’s charges and GST. However, tolls, fuel and parking charges, and any interstate charges or permits are not included in the rental cost. A pet deposit of INR 2000/- is also required. With a daily rental price of around 7,000 rupees, the Eicher caravan offers an affordable and comfortable option for your next camping trip.
Top 5 Campsites for Caravan Camping in Maharashtra
Enjoy endless activities at the Strawberry Highlands campsite, such as nature walks, treks, rappelling, cave exploring, rope courses, and warm campfires accompanied by music.
- Amenities: The campsite provides a fenced-off area with charging and water refilling points for your caravan. Meal options are available, with towels and washing facilities provided. First aid facilities are available, with a nearby hospital and mechanic.
- Things To Do: Explore Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar mountain ranges by bicycle or on foot, trekking, rappelling, or cave exploring. Try rope courses such as commando crossing, ladder and Burma bridge, zip lines, free fall, net climbing, and monkey crawl. Enjoy evenings with a cozy campfire and music.
- Cost: The day pass includes access to the caravan site with a power supply, water refilling, dumping station, and parking. The camping pass includes meals from Day 1 Lunch, Hi-tea, and Dinner to Day 2 breakfast and adventure activities such as Burma Bridge, Commando Bridge, river crossing, free fall, zipline, team games, and fun games. Extra services like meals, zipline, Burma bridge, commando bridge, guided nature walk, and camping pass options like tent, dormitory, and cabin are available at an additional cost.
At Tikona campsite, unwind by the tranquil Pawna Lake, indulge your inner child with outdoor games, such as volleyball, badminton, or cricket, and enjoy kayaking, BBQs, and movie screenings of the magical sunset with your loved ones.
- Amenities: The campsite offers essential facilities such as first aid during emergencies, western washrooms, and showers for hygiene. Additionally, large shade areas and hammocks are available to relax and enjoy the vacation.
- Things To Do: The campsite offers a relaxing time by the Pawna Lake, swimming, and outdoor games like volleyball, badminton, and cricket. Kayaking and outdoor movie screenings are available, making it a perfect adventure destination.
- Cost: The Day Pass costs ₹300 per person, offering access to facilities like an external power supply, water refilling, dumping station, and safe caravan parking. The comprehensive Camping Pass includes welcome drinks, hi-tea and snacks, DIY barbeque dinner, breakfast, and activities like a bonfire, hammock, kayaking, water sports, and outdoor games. The Camping Pass with a tent is priced at ₹1600 per person, and extra meals can be purchased for breakfast (₹120 per person) and lunch/dinner (₹300 per person each).
Explore the mystical forests of Matheran and indulge in exciting indoor board games, outdoor activities, such as archery and rifle shooting, and waterfall rappelling in Dodhani Waterfall. Visit nearby attractions, such as Chanderi Caves, Louisa Point, Kalavantin Pinnacle, Irshalgad Fort, Ambarnath Shiv Temple, and Porcupine Point.
- Amenities: This campsite is safely fenced, welcomes pets, and ensures a comfortable stay with charging points, Wi-Fi, hot water showers, drinking water, tents, and toilet facilities. Breakfast is included, and a first aid kit is available from a nearby hospital for safety.
- Things To Do: Experience the joy of little things in life by taking a peaceful nature walk in the woods or playing indoor board games at the campsite. Outdoor activities such as archery and rifle shooting are also available, and on weekends, there’s live music with a DJ and open-air movie screenings.
- Cost: The camping pass offers a variety of meals, including lunch, hi-tea and snacks, barbeque, dinner, and breakfast, along with a host of activities like star-gazing, trekking, nature walks, archery, rifle shooting, live music on weekends, bonfires, open-air movie screenings, and indoor and outdoor games. Additionally, camping with a tent is available for an extra cost of ₹1800 per person.
Located on the outskirts of Aurangabad, Maharashtra, A Village Life Stay offers panoramic views and a lifetime of adventure. Disconnect and recharge by exploring hidden trails and village life, or opt for a cozy bonfire with barbeque.
- Amenities: The campsite offers drinking water, refrigerators, charging points, dumping stations, water refilling points, covered areas, hot showers, clean toilets, sleeping bags, quilts, and more.
- Things To Do: The campsite offers an array of activities such as Nature walks, Agri tourism, Bullock cart ride, Train ride, village life, vada, Tractor ride, Star Gazing, and prominent sites such as Daulatabad Fort, Bibi ka Maqbara, Ajanta & Ellora Caves, and Mahishmal in Aurangabad. Brace yourself for the most bedazzling sunset, and dinner follows. Settle by the campfire and play games while relishing some delicious snacks.
- Cost: A Village Life Stay offers passes and services for visitors. The day pass costs ₹250/person and includes 1-day access to the campsite with facilities like power supply, water refilling, dumping station, and safe parking. The camping pass costs ₹1300/person and includes meals (welcome drinks, evening snacks, barbeque, dinner, and breakfast) and activities (outdoor games, nature walks, agri-tourism, etc.). Additional services include breakfast (₹150/person), lunch (₹425/person), dinner (₹425/person), and train rides (₹80/person).
Indulge in scenic vistas, refreshing swims, peaceful star-gazing, and more, finding true relaxation in this wilderness paradise at Lakeside Love Affair Camp, Maharashtra.
- Amenities: The campsite offers hygienic and safe facilities, including western toilet facilities, RO-purified drinking water stations, and life jackets for the lake. Freshly prepared meals are served hygienically, with endless snacks, BBQ, bonfires, and fun.
- Things To Do: Explore the wild beauty of the landscape, take a dip in the Bhandardara Lake, or go boating with the life jacket service. Watch the sunset and fireflies enveloping the campsite during summers, and feel as though you’ve been swept off to paradise.
- If you’re planning a visit to the Lakeside Love Affair Camp in Bhandardara, Maharashtra, you should consider visiting during the Bhandardara Fireflies Festival. This festival, usually held in May, is a magical sight to behold, with thousands of fireflies lighting up the night sky. It’s an excellent opportunity to witness the natural beauty of Bhandardara in a unique and enchanting way.
- Stay at the campsite and take a stroll at night to witness the mesmerizing display of fireflies enveloping the area. This festival is not to be missed and will surely be a highlight of your camping trip to Bhandardara.
- Cost: The camping pass for a caravan camping trip in Maharashtra includes welcome drinks, hi-tea and snacks, a DIY barbeque dinner, and breakfast.
Essential Tips for Planning a Successful Caravan Camping Trip in Maharashtra
Planning a caravan camping trip in Maharashtra can be an exciting and memorable experience. Below are some useful tips to ensure the success of your trip:
- Choose your caravan site carefully: Do your research and select a site that meets your needs and preferences, whether by the lake, in the mountains, or near popular attractions.
- Plan ahead: Make a detailed itinerary and map out your route, including pit stops and fuel stations. Check weather conditions and pack accordingly.
- Pack wisely: Pack light, but don’t forget essentials like a first aid kit and toiletries. Also, bring plenty of snacks and drinking water.
- Follow the rules: Respect the environment and follow the rules of the caravan site, such as parking and noise regulations.
- Stay safe: Keep your caravan and valuables secure, and be aware of potential risks such as wildlife and extreme weather.
- Have fun: Enjoy the great outdoors, participate in outdoor activities, and make lasting memories with your loved ones.
Why Choose Caravan Camping Over Traditional Camping in Maharashtra
Caravan camping offers several advantages over traditional camping in Maharashtra:
- Comfort and Convenience: Caravans provide a comfortable and convenient camping experience, allowing you to enjoy the great outdoors without sacrificing the comforts of your home. You can access basic amenities such as a bed, kitchenette, and toilet facilities, making your camping trip more enjoyable.
- Mobility: With a caravan, you can easily move from one campsite to another, exploring different parts of Maharashtra. You can customize your trip according to your preferences and itinerary without being limited to a specific location.
- Cost-effective: Caravan camping can be more cost-effective than traditional camping, as you do not need to invest in expensive camping gear, such as tents and sleeping bags. Additionally, you can cook your meals in the caravan kitchenette, saving money on restaurant expenses.
- Family-friendly: Caravan camping is a family-friendly option, providing a safe and comfortable environment for children and older adults. With the amenities and comforts of home, everyone can enjoy the camping trip without the hassle and discomfort of traditional camping.
- Eco-friendly: Caravan camping is an eco-friendly option, as it reduces the carbon footprint by minimizing the use of disposable camping gear and decreasing waste production.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it Safe to go Caravan Camping in Maharashtra?
Yes, it is safe to go caravan camping in Maharashtra.
How to Book a Caravan Campsite in Maharashtra?
You can book a caravan campsite in Maharashtra by contacting the campsite directly or through online booking platforms like Caravaanlife.
Do I Need a Special License to Drive a Caravan in Maharashtra?
Yes, you need a special license to drive a caravan in Maharashtra. You must have a driving license for light motor vehicles and an endorsement for a heavy vehicle.