Chasing Waterfalls and Hills
Mumbai> Matheran > Lonavala > Mumbai.
Ready to chase waterfall and Hills in non-tourist style?
This Select Holiday Circuit takes you on a trip to the touristy places in the most non-touristy way. In the entire trip you are in the lap of majestic Sahyadri. Your first halt is Asia’s only Automobile-free city, Matheran from where you can explore 38 designated look-out “points” including the Panorama Point that provides a 360-degree view of the surrounding area and also the Neral town. you continue your onward journey to the next hill station: Lonavala where you can witness the nature at its play from your caravan.
This Select Holiday starts from Mumbai to Matheran and Lonavala. It ends at Mumbai. This will be a trip of 3 days and 2 nights
Choose your Caravan
Caravan options basis availability and Number of persons:
Select Holiday Perks:
- A driver will be accompanying you on this circuit.
- You get a complementary tent and tables.
- The cost included is of the Caravan rental and the Caravan Park stays for 2 nights.
- Driver (and helper if available with van) cost is included.
- Everything else will have to be separately paid for like the fuel, toll, and transfers from caravan location to pick up location.
Select Holiday Itinerary
Day 1: Mumbai to Matheran
Your caravan will arrive with the driver at your home. After settling in, get ready for an exciting Holiday. There will be plenty of clicks for the ‘gram, so keep your phones at the ready.
With a driving distance of ~84 kms, it takes just 3 hours from Mumbai to Matheran.
There’ll be so much to do and see between Mumbai to Matheran, here are a few stops:
- Pandavkada falls: This waterfall is available during rainy seasons only. Pandavkada Falls is a waterfall located Kharghar, a suburb of Navi Mumbai. Take left from Kharghar Three Monkey point to reach Pandavkada Waterfalls. The waterfall is 7kms from the point and take 20 min to reach.
- Dodhani waterfall: Navi Mumbai to Dodhani Waterfall is 31.4 km and will take 1hr 9 min. Take left from Nere village to reach Dodhani Waterfall. The waterfall is 17.7kms from the point and take 44min to reach. Dodhani With a height of 115 feet, the waterfall is ideal for both experienced and novice rappelers.
As Matheran is automobile free hill station, no automobiles are allowed beyond Aman Lodge. You need to leave the Caravan at Dasturi point or Aman Lodge. From Dasturi Naka you have to walk for hardly 5 mins when you will reach the station ” Aman Lodge”.
A Fee is required to enter Matheran Adult:50Rs; Child(2-11Yrs):25Rs
There are frequent Toy trains from Aman Lodge to Matheran. Ticket counter is located near Railway station. Time table and rates are displayed on the board. It takes around 20 mins to reach Matheran from Aman Lodge by toy train.
There are other alternatives to reach Matheran from Aman Lodge.
1.Horse 2. Hand pulled Rickshaws 3. By Walk
Once you reach Matheran, you may want to explore on your own by foot, as most of the tourist attractions are located close to each other.
- Charlotte lake: Charlotte Lake is the most amazing tourist spot in this offbeat hill station, with spellbinding vantage points that offer scenic views of the valley. Pisharathu Mahadev Mandir, a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, is the native pilgrimage site by the lake.
Note: You may want to carry extra clothes to enjoy in water.
- Echo Point People shout out their hearts and the names of their loved ones, and the valley replies in a funny and endearing manner. Echo Point is photogenic with its endless blanket of grass. Its nature is a sight to behold.
- Louisa Point The mountain kissing the sky and a civilized valley far away and Lake Charlotte, which looks like a diamond from Louisa Point.
- Lord Garden is located near the charlotte lake, you can see the beautiful natural surroundings.
- Porcupine point: commonly known as the sunset point, is just the right place where one can breathe, and feel the fresh air. The place owes its name to the shape of the place, which bears a strong resemblance to the shape of a bird called Porcupine.
- One tree hill point: Tree Hill point in Matheran is one of the most scenic viewpoints in Maharashtra. Try to find that one tree growing on top of the hill. This viewpoint affords a panoramic and unobstructed view of the deep valleys and stretching forests that surround the hill station of Matheran. It is also famous for trekking.
- Chowk point: It is named so because the view of Matheran Chowk from this point is absolutely breath taking on a clear day. The large statue of Lord Ganesh is another attraction.
You can take the same route to reach your vehicle.
The Campsite for day-1 : “The Chronicles of Karjat“ to relax at night.
Day 2: Karjat to Lonavala
The distance between Matheran to lonavla is 57.2 km and it can take 2 hr to cover the distance. Lonavala and the adjacent Khandala are twin hill stations 622 metres (2,041 ft) above sea level, in the Sahyadri ranges that demarcate the Deccan Plateau and the Konkan coast. The hill stations sprawl over an approximate area of 38 square kilometres (15 sq mi).
- Sunil’s Celebrity Wax Museum Entrance ticket is Rs. 200 / head. It has got a wonderful collection of wax sculptures of famous personalities like Cricketers – Virat Kohli, Sachin, MS Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, designed by Sunil Kandalloor, a Mumbai-based artist.
- Lonavala Lake Lonavala Lake is located on the outskirts of Lonavala and is sourced by the Indrayani River. The lake fills up during the monsoons and dries up during the winter leading it to be popularly known as the monsoon lake.
- Bhushi Dam: The Bhushi Dam is a masonry dam on the Indrayani River in Lonavala, Maharashtra, India.
- Tiger point Lonavala: Tiger’s Leap is a prime tourist attraction that sits in the lap of nature at a height of 650 metres above sea level. Interestingly, this vantage point has been named so because of its shape that resembles a tiger taking a leap into the valley. It is frequented by adventure seekers who indulge in trekking and hiking here.
- Karla Caves Distance between Karla caves and Lonavala is 10.7km. The Karla Caves, Karli Caves, Karle Caves or Karla Cells, are a complex of ancient Buddhist Indian rock-cut caves at Karli near Lonavala, Maharashtra.
- Bhaja Buddhist Caves: it is just 12 km away from Lonavala. Bhaja Caves is a group of 22 rock-cut caves dating back to the 2nd century BC located in the city of Pune, India. The caves are 400 feet above the village of Bhaja, on an important ancient trade route running from the Arabian Sea eastward into the Deccan Plateau.
- Lohagad fort it is just 15.2 km away from Lonavala. Lohagad fort is one of the numerous hill forts situated in Maharashtra state, India. Interestingly, this fort rises to an elevation of about 3,388 feet high and is located near the hill of Lonavala and Pune to the northwest.
- Wet N Joy Waterpark & Amusement Park This water park in Lonavala offers you to experience the thrill of adventurous water park slides. Get your excitement racing up on 25+ water slides and attractions.
- Bedsa Caves: It is just 24.3 km away from Lonavala. Bedse Caves are a group of Buddhist rock-cut monuments situated in Maval taluka, Pune District, Maharashtra, India. The history of the caves can be traced back to the Satavahana period.
The Campsite for day -2: “A Lakeside Retreat”
.Day 3: Lonavala to Mumbai
Enjoy the beautiful sunrise from your Caravan with a view one would love to wake up to. Enjoy campsite activities, pack your bags and get ready to head back to Amchi Mumbai with beautiful cherish able memories.